Those Durned Prepositions

They are extremely tricky to get down in any new language. I've just bought a guide to Italian prepositions, and in it I have discovered that, depending upon the context, the following translations of Italian prepositions into English are possible (and this is at a minimum -- I assume there are possibilities I have not yet discovered):

a  --> with, by, at, to, because, per

di  --> at, by, from, in, around, of, with

da  --> from, to, because of, for, as, by, with

in  --> after, at, in, inwards, from, on, to

per --> for, through, to, by, because, because of

su  --> about, around, in, on, up, upward

tra --> amid, among, between, for, in, of

Ooh boy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In ancapistan, if you have no property, you have no rights

If Fractional Reserve Banking Is Fraudulent, Then So Is...

St. Paul and I Agree...