What If Airplane Had Starred Liam Neeson?

I asked someone for a light today. He replied, "Surely."

I said, "Please don't call me Shirley."

He said, "Sorry, sure."

"No, no, I'm just making an Airplane joke!"

"Oh, Airplane, with Liam Neeson!"

Which immediately led me to think, what if Airplane had really starred Liam Neeson instead of Leslie Nielsen? We would have dialogue like:

Neeson: This woman has to be gotten to a hospital

Elaine Dickinson: A hospital? What is it?

Neeson: Ah, it's a big feckin' building with lots of sick people. It's awful, innit, all the sick and dying in the world? But what are we to do, hey, just soldier on then, right?"

Would have been a bit of a different movie, I suspect.

Comments

  1. Hah! That reminds me: years ago on an e-mail list serve, people were discussing the civil rights movement and someone wrote, "who can forget the heroism of Rosa Luxemburg, who refused to give up her seat on the bus." That prompted me to write something about the neglect of the role of Germans and Austrians in the civil rights movement. Stuff like Sigmund Freud's "I Have An Interpretation of Your Dream" speech.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! That reminds me: years ago on an e-mail list serve, people were discussing the civil rights movement and someone wrote, "who can forget the heroism of Rosa Luxemburg, who refused to give up her seat on the bus." That prompted me to write something about the neglect of the role of Germans and Austrians in the civil rights movement. Stuff like Sigmund Freud's "I Have An Interpretation of Your Dream" speech.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness