Stew Leonard Jr. Is in My Car!

I like to listen to CBS News Radio sometimes when I am driving. But I have a problem: I worked at Stew Leonard's driving a forklift in the 1980s. In those days, Stew Sr. was running the shop, and Stew Jr. still was walking around the store, supervising this and that. I would be putting away a palette of green peas in the freezer, and Stew Jr. would open the door, pop his head in, and ask me how everything was going and so on.

The problem is that now, when his voice suddenly sounds from my radio, I am immediately transported back 28 years, and want to start explaining why the ice cream is not yet up in the racks. It's a little disconcerting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness