Verbs Like Peanut Saturday

I'm trying to use Siri to take notes as I drive, something I have to do, since I seem to get an idea for something to write about every five minutes as I drive, every one of which disappears as soon as I stop the car. The guy on my current Italian CD say "Essere is used to form the passato prossimo with intransitive verbs of motion, with reflexive verbs, and with verbs like piacere."


The last struck me as amusingly unhelpful: verbs like piacere in that they relating to being pleasing, in that they start with 'p,' in that they have four syllables...?

I spotted a chance to make fun of someone: Time for a note. The next several minutes in the car went like this:

GENE: Siri, send a message to Gene Callahan.
SIRI: [Eerie silence.]
GENE: Siri, send a message to Gene Callahan.
SIRI: [Eerie silence.]
GENE: Siri, send a damned message to Gene Callahan.
SIRI: I'm sorry, there seems to be a problem. Try again in a mile. [She can't understand the one single command I've ever given her, but she is aware I'm traveling.]
GENE: Siri, send a message to Gene Callahan.
SIRI: What should the message say?
GENE: Verbs like piacere.
SIRI: And who would you like me to send that to?
GENE: To F*(king Gene Callahan.
SIRI: No entry for F*(king Gene Callahan.
GENE: To Gene Callahan.
SIRI: And what would you like the message to say?
GENE: Verbs like piacere.
SIRI: OK, sending.


When I next pulled over, I had received as a text message the title of this post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness