Ed Stringham: Scholar, Creator, Drinker

On one of those serious blogs, Pete Leeson gives props to Ed Stringham. I never went to school with Ed, and we were the same age, so our relationship was different from the one Leeson describes.

Even so, just as Ed encouraged Leeson to write his first journal article, so too did Ed push me to do things for the first time. But they all involved alcohol.

On a related note, it seems that part of the professional success of the GMU crowd is their mafia-like support for each other. Perhaps if Gene and I started complimenting each other all the time, I would be in a tenure track spot, and he wouldn't be teaching a weird class.

So let me list all the things I like about Gene.

...

Comments

  1. Finally someone said this. I can't stand that Austrian Economists blog and how many times they use the word "insightful".

    No, seriously, look at this: http://www.google.com/search?&q=insightful+site%3Aaustrianeconomists.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I got lambasted with Ed and Ben Powell one night in New Orleans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frost,

    Can you embed that link? It runs off the edge of my "screen."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:04 PM

    I hate when they run off , I much prefer when they walk off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't you do that for anything?

    (I'm just playing devil's advocate; I'm too lazy to check the dates to see how frequently they use the word at A.E., and I'm not going to weed out whether it was the original poster or commenter. But if you want to go ahead and do that...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nah, I'm just too lazy too. It's just something that pops out when I'm reading their blog. Everyone is insightful and instigating, even Joseph Stiglitz, who justly won the Nobel prize and is one of the best economic minds and blah-blah-blah. AE is pure love.

    (But I can't help noticing that AE blog has over 10 pages of Gooogle insightfulness while Crash Landing has only two!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness