The Murphy Manor?

Lately I have been growing more anxious about the deteriorating economy. Don't get me wrong, I think I'm pretty well hedged as far as my occupation goes: Defender of Big Oil, and plus I will definitely earn more on the speaking circuit if Obama wins.

Even so, I worry about stuff and this is one of them. Then I was looking out my window at my neighbor doing yard work, and I thought, "Why don't I chill out? Life goes on, regardless of what 'the economy' is doing. As long as I don't miss a mortgage payment, it's all good..."

But no, not really. The only reason it's so pleasant to live in our house is that we can drive the SUV to Costco etc. and stock up on supplies, visit gas stations to power this magical ship, and also because we have electricity coming into the house to power our internet connection and central air conditioning.

So although it's true that worrying never helps, it's also true that the state of 'the economy' affects us all when we have such a highly specialized division of labor. And although he may be better in terms of not starting another war (though maybe not), I think President Obama, with a Democratic Congress, would really screw up the US economy.

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:06 PM

    Tyler is laughing at you for worrying about the wrong things (even though you caught yourself); it has been proven in a lab.

    Bob: "So although it's true that worrying never helps"

    Are we sure about this...isn't worrying your internal risk-calculator? Hasn't worrying caused you to adjust your asset portfolio and now you have a higher utility? (no more rolling-thunder)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:06 PM

    Bob,

    I think President Obama, with a Democratic Congress, would really screw up the US economy.

    I think he could really screw it up. I think he is an extreme leftist. He will say anything to get elected. I know someone who was at his early rallies when few knew who he was. The rallies were filled wth ACORN people. My friend says the rallies were cult like. I believe he remans a true believer of the extreme left at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pepe,

    If you define "rolling thunder" then I will clarify.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness